I’ve never been a huge biscotti fan, mostly due to the fact that I don’t love dried fruit in my cookies. Like raisins in oatmeal cookies? Why ever bother!? But I wanted to try out a vegan version of a biscotti recipe for my friend to have. These are amazing!
I love the tart cherry and mix of almonds that add a crunch to this cookie. Dipping them in melted chocolate was also a great addition, since the chocolate cookie was subtle. If you’re looking for a crisp cookie to enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea, you should definitely try out this recipe! Enjoy!
Vegan Chocolate Biscotti with Dried Cherries and Almonds
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup soy or nut milk alternative
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried fruit you prefer
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, alternative milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and almond extracts.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until it forms a dough.
- Mix in the almonds and dried fruit until combined.
- Form the dough into two logs on your baking sheet that are about 2 inches wide and 1 inch tall. Space the two logs about 2-3 inches apart. Shape them into rough rectangles.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.
- Take it out of the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Turn the down the oven to 275°F.
- After the logs cool, cut into slices to create biscotti cookies with a serrated knife. Lay the cookies on their side across the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for another 8 to 10 minutes or until dry. Let cool on a wire rack.
- If you want to dip the biscotti in chocolate, place the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second bursts until it’s melted. Dip each cookie in the chocolate and let harden.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy with a cup coffee or tea!