Easy, buttery, and full of berry goodness! These berry bars are delicious! I typically make them with just blueberries, since those are my favorite type of berry, but you can use whichever you’d like or try a mix of them!
When baked, the berries create a jam-like layer in between a crumble and buttery shortbread. Eat them when they have cooled, but trust me, they won’t last long!
Chocolate Dipped Orange Madeleines
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp grated orange zest
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Lightly butter your madeleine pan and dust with flour. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, honey, and orange zest. Mix until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix together, then mix in the melted butter until incorporated. Transfer the batter into a piping bag and chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- While the batter chills, chop up the hazelnuts into fine pieces and set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a small narrow bowl in the microwave in short 30 second bursts. Mix until smooth.
- When the batter has chilled, pipe into the prepared madeleine pan, filling each mold about 2/3 full. Bake in the over for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven, and tap the pan against the counter to release the madeleines. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Dip each madeleine into the dark chocolate and then into the hazelnuts. Let the chocolate harden and enjoy!