What happens when you take a gooey S’mores snack and make it into a cupcake? You get a great graham cracker crust at the bottom of a chocolate cupcake covered in marshmallow frosting!
You can even toast the top of the frosting to give that campfire flavor! Enjoy this tasty treat!
S’mores Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
A new way to eat a S'mores, as a cupcake! A delicious chocolate cupcake, with graham cracker crust and marshmallow frosting.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Melted chocolate sauce
- Crushed graham crackers
For the chocolate cupcakes with graham cracker crust
- Heat the oven to 325°F degrees and add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
- In a small bowl, add together the crust ingredients and mix well. Press about 2 tbsp of the mixture into the bottom of each mini cupcake liner.
- Bake crusts for 5-8 minutes or until lightly golden brown. When done, remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F degrees.
- To make the cupcakes, add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add egg, buttermilk, and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add vanilla and boiling water to the mixture. Mix well.
- Pour batter into mini cupcake pan, filling a little more than halfway, and bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- Set the cupcakes on a wire rack to cool.
For the marshmallow frosting
- Mix together the egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in a heatproof bowl.
- Put the bowl over a pot of boiling water or a double boiler. Whisk the mixture until the sugar dissolves and when a thermometer reads between 120 and 140 degrees. Remove from the heat. Add in vanilla extract.
- Using the whisk attachment on a stand mixer, beat the mixture on low speed, gradually increasing to high for 5 to 7 minutes or until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
For the decorations
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of the cupcakes. Sprinkle crushed graham crackers as well. Enjoy!
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 280mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg