Are you looking for a perfect, beautiful dessert that will impress your guests? Try this variation on a pineapple upside down cake using stone fruit!
The touch of allspice and cardamom give this dessert a great aroma and different flavor from what you typically get with peach dishes. If you love peaches and spice, try this out and enjoy!
Spiced Peach Upside Down Cake
A wonderfully spiced cake with delicious peaches on top.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 cups pealed fresh peaches sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, cardamom, and allspice. Pour sugar mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Arrange peaches in a single layer on top of the sugar mixture.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar together using a stand or hand mixer. Add in egg and vanilla. Beat together. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt to the mixture. Mix together. Lastly, add in milk until combined.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the peaches. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Invert cake on to a serving dish, remove parchment paper, and serve warm. Enjoy!
Adapted from Taste of Home’s Upside Down Peach Cake recipe
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 666IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1mg