The toughest part about this recipe is that you have to wait to cool everything in order to set it up and eat it! The whipped cream needs to be chilled enough for it to be whipped into a nice cream.
I will say, the mint and blackberries add a great flavor to the brownies, making this an amazing after dinner dessert to finish off any great meal! Enjoy!
Fudge Brownies with Blackberry Sauce & Mint Cream
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional
- 8 oz whole blackberries and extra for decorations
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp mint leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp water
Mint whipped cream
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 mint stems with leaves
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the mint whipped cream
- In a small sauce pan, add the cream and mint stems. Mash the stems using a wooden spoon to release its flavor.
- Heat on the stove on medium-low heat until warm, but do not let it boil. Keep stirring so it doesn’t overheat.
- After heating up, take off the stove. Put the cream and mint into a mixing bowl to let cool. Once cool, place in the fridge.
- Once cold, sift the cream through a sieve to remove the mint. Add in the sugar and vanilla. Whip using a hand mixer until stiff peaks. Store in refrigerator.
For the brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 8 x 8in baking dish and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Add in eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together thoroughly.
- Sift in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Mix together. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the center is set.
- Take out the oven and let cool in the pan. Once cool, divide into 16 rectangles.
For the blackberry sauce
- Put blackberries, sugar, water, and mint in a small sauce pan. Heat on medium low heat for 5 minutes. Mash berries once warmed to make a sauce.
- Place a brownie in the bottom of a small glass. Layer blackberry sauce and mint cream on top. Enjoy!