Ever just want a little bit of cake and not a full layered one? No? Just me? Well, these mini cakes are fun to pull together easily. They have a great strawberry shortcake flavor and the whipped cream add some sweetness to the cakes.
You could try this with other berries, like blackberries or raspberries, to make a compote instead of the strawberries if you want to try something new! Enjoy!
Mini Vanilla Cakes With Strawberries & Cream
Mini strawberry shortbread-like cakes with a sweet vanilla cream on top!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries quartered and sliced
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the strawberries
- Mix the strawberries and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Let sit in the fridge.
For the cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour the inside of a 13 in x 9 in pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and mix together.
- Mix the milk and vanilla together. Start adding in the flour mixture and alternate with the milk into the butter and eggs. Mix well in between each addition.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes clean. Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Once cool, slice into squares or use a large circle cookie cutter to make rounds.
For the whipped cream
- Place cold whipped cream, vanilla, and sugar in a bowl. Using a stand or hand mixer, whip until stiff peaks.
- Place a slice of cake on a plate, add the sliced strawberries and whipped cream. If you’d like, add another slice of cake and top with more strawberries and whipped cream.
Calories: 586kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 1171IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 2mg