Easy, buttery, and full of berry goodness! These berry bars are delicious! I typically make them with just blueberries, since those are my favorite type of berry, but you can use whichever you’d like or try a mix of them!
When baked, the berries create a jam-like layer in between a crumble and buttery shortbread. Eat them when they have cooled, but trust me, they won’t last long!
Berry Crumble Bars
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups frozen or fresh berries blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or cut up strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together sugar, baking powder, flour, salt and lemon zest. Add in the butter, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Combine with hands until it resembles crumbles.
- Separate the crumbled in half into another bowl. In one of the bowls, add in the cinnamon and oats. Combine with your hands.
- Take the bowl of crumbles without oats and place them in the bottom of a 9”x13” pan. Press them down to make the crust.
- In the empty bowl, combine the berries, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Once mixed, spread them on top of the crust.
- Take the remaining crumble with oats and place them on top of the berry mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top and bubbly. Cool completely before cutting into bars.