Sign me up for anything with a sugared crust! When baked, this banana loaf creates a sweet, caramel flavored crust around the bread. I also use four very ripe bananas to increase the flavor of the banana bread.
I’ve never been a lover of nuts in my banana bread, but you could add in a half a cup of walnuts if you’d like to give it a bit of a crunch, or for an even sweeter treat, try some chocolate chips!
Sugar Crusted Banana Bread
Full of banana flavor, this banana bread has a sweet sugar coating that adds a great caramelized flavor to the loaf.
- 4 very ripe medium sized bananas peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter or use almond oil to make it vegan plus 1 tbsp for coating the pan
- 3/4 cup sugar plus more for the pan
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground clove
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Coat the loaf pan with the melted butter or oil and coat it with sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the bananas. Add in the melted butter/oil and stir together.
- Stir in the sugar, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together until combined.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Let it cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove the bread and let cool completely on a baking rack before serving.
Calories: 2357kcal | Carbohydrates: 404g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 76g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g | Monounsaturated Fat: 51g | Sodium: 1687mg | Potassium: 1917mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 209g | Vitamin A: 309IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 10mg
Thank you for sharing
Thank you so much for reading!
The absolute BEST, most delicious banana bread ever